Thursday 5 October 2017

current - Input power rating on power supplies - how does max amp draw apply to 220V


If a power supply says the input power is 100-240V, ~1.5A, I'm assuming that the "1.5A" draw would be at 100V, not at 240V, right? I.e. would the total max watts be 150W regardless of the input voltage?


The context of this is trying to determine the maximum draw for something based on the input power specs on its power supply to ensure a circuit doesn't get overloaded if too much is on it.


I want to make sure to get the max draw correct whether this is in the US at 110V or Europe at 220V.


As a side question, the output rating on this supply is 19V, 3.42A. Does that mean that it's pretty inefficient?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...