Saturday 21 October 2017

flyback - Dc-Dc converter from 12v Input 400v Output


Maybe my first question Dc-Dc converter from 12v Input 400v Output was too broad for what I was actually trying to solve, which is why I am reformating my question.


I want to charge a capacitor (C=0.68μF) at 400v for a CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) System. I have thought to use a dc-dc flyback converter going from 12v, can also be 24v, to 400v. The discharge will be happening when I press a trigger button, which is why I am thinking of charge current, output current for the dc-dc converter, of 10mA.


I have not been able to come with the correct design for this project. Could anyone give me some tips or hints on how to solve this?



Edit: The idea, for now, was using this transformer: Myrra 94094. But thanks to some of your answers, it doesn't look to be the best idea.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...