Saturday 28 October 2017

gsm - Can Cellphones be used for Ad Hoc Communication?


Can Cell Phones be (legally) used Adhoc, (ie, Point-to-Point) Communication? For example, let's say I'm in a remote area of the woods, or a valley. Can I configure cell phones to be used as true walkie-talkies even though neither one of them use has a cell phone tower?


(Besides, it might be handy to use this on, oh, say, a drone, for photography purposes. I intend to comply with all regulations regarding use of my drone.)


This goes for those modules too, I can hook them up to a raspberry pi, for example. enter image description here


In the latter case I could just buy a nice antenna, I guess....


What kind of range would either of these things have if they are feasible?


I wanted to get my ham radio license, but I have my second year of engineering school to finish up.


Also: Might you suggest any alternatives (I hope this doesn't make my askance too open- but, it may be worth noting this question, or moreover, it's very upvotable answer! Alas, I doubt they have too much bandwidth...)




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...