Wednesday 23 November 2016

transistors - LED on the collector without a base limiting resistor


am a beginner trying to understand transistors. I am using a npn transistor.


I have a 6V battery.


The base and collector are connected to 6V Emitter has the load (LED + 100ohm resistor) to the ground. Current passes and the LED lights up. I understand, it is in saturation mode. With or without a base resistor.


Case 2: The base is connected to 6V. The collector has the load (LED + 100ohm resistor) connected to 6V as well. Emitter is connected to the ground. The LED does not light up when powered.


Case 3: Further to Case 2: I use a 1K resistance with the base and the LED lights up.


Why does not the LED light up in case 2?



This seems similar to Emitter Follower LED Circuit - LED in Collector, Resistor in Emitter, but I did not get the concept.


Thanks.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...