Sunday 13 November 2016

sensor - How do Dualshock 4 pressure sensitive buttons work?


I'm doing a reverse engineering research about the PlayStation 4 controller. I want to know how do the analog buttons work (the triggers in the bottom, not the analog sticks). I've found a nice teardown album and, there, I've seen this image:


enter image description here


I know from this page that the flexible film pins for each analog trigger are these:



  • Common: Oscillating between 0 and 3.3V.

  • Sig: Voltage divider output, active low.


I want to know if it is:




  • A capacitive sensor.

  • A piezoelectric film.

  • A force-sensitive resistor

  • Other


And, by the way, how does the circuit attached work? I suppose it will have some kind of Analog Digital Converter, filtering, amplification...




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...