Wednesday 23 November 2016

switches - Replacing a mechnical switch with a digital one


I have a circuit which allows me to manually (physically) switch between two VGA inputs (PCB push switches) to feed one VGA output (a standard commercial KVM). I want to be able to switch between the two inputs digitally - ie. from an output of my arduino.


I'm happy with everything I need to do from the arduino side of things, but I don't know how I should go about replacing the mechanical switch with a transistor (or even if that's the right thing to use!)


How should I go about making this swap? Thanks!



EDIT: Some photos of the KVM for your viewing pleasure!


From above The switches From beneath




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...