Monday 14 November 2016

serial - Arduino Uno RX/TX pins


The Arduino Uno has one main controller and one controller serving as USB-to-serial interface. The RX/TX pins of the main controller are directly connected, via 1k resistors, to some pins of the "communication controller". RX/TX pins are also on one of the pin headers.


I'm wondering whether the TX pin of the "communication controller" (connected to the RX pin of the main controller) goes into high state (or is switched to input state) when no USB cable is connected and whether I could use the RX/TX pins on the header to connect some other stuff on a homegrown shield and perform serial communication through this shield.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...