Monday 22 February 2016

What is the difference between level shifter, voltage regulator and dc-dc converter?



What is the difference between level shifter, voltage regulator and dc-dc converter?


My understanding is:



  • level shifter is used to convert one voltage into another voltage

  • voltage regulator is used to produce constant output voltage from high voltage

  • dc-dc converter is used to convert dc level into different level


Is this correct?


If I want to convert 5V voltage supply to 2.5V, do I need to use regulator, level shifter or dc-dc converter?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...