Monday 15 February 2016

microcontroller - How do I use the printf function on STM32?


I am trying to figure out how to use the printf function to print to the serial port.


My current setup is STM32CubeMX generated code and SystemWorkbench32 with the STM32F407 discovery board.


I see in stdio.h that the printf prototype is defined as:


int _EXFUN(printf, (const char *__restrict, ...)
_ATTRIBUTE ((__format__ (__printf__, 1, 2))));

What does it mean? Where is the exact location of this function definition? What would be general point of finding out how to use this kind of function to output?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...