Saturday 19 September 2015

power - how to increase the speed of a solenoid?


I'm working on a prototype of a small electric appliance. The part I need help with is a small box in which the floor needs to move up and down quickly to repeatedly bounce an object against the top (approximately 60 times per 30 seconds). I've built the box out of plexiglass, and it's approximately 1 1/2 inches wide, by 2 inches long by 4 inches tall. The solenoid I'm currently using is rated at 12V DC, 2.5A, 15mm travel, and 45N. I'm powering it with an adapter with the same rating. The object in question (it's about the size and weight of an unshelled almond) is not striking the top of the box hard enough. I think it needs to move faster. Any suggestions would be appreciated.


-Bob




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...