Saturday 12 September 2015

circuit analysis - Does the resistor have to be before or after the component



I am an electronics beginner and I created a small little circuit, just a battery a resistor and a led, then to ground. This is the circuit:


schematic


simulate this circuit – Schematic created using CircuitLab



Now I have a few questions about it. I know voltage is the different of electrical charge between two points, so I measured that difference:


Point A to B: 3.27V Point B to C: 1.82V



  1. First question: Does that mean that the actual voltage of: Point A: 5V Point B: 1.73V Point C: 0V?


So I am not sure if my calculations of voltage are correct. I also have this other questions:




  1. Does the resistor have to be before the component I am trying to protect, like an LED. I have seen people place it after, but wouldn't that give a full 5V to the led or component?





  2. Ground has a neutral charge right? so why do electrons want to travel so badly to a point that has no electric charge?




Thank you




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...