Tuesday 8 September 2015

voltage - How can I drive 12v LEDs from my Arduino Nano?


Background


I am building a scale RC helicopter and ordered a bunch of 3mm LEDs to give it some nice navigation and strobe lights which I plan to drive with an Arduino Nano.


Problem is that I goofed and didn't notice that the LEDs are 12v until they arrived. I know that the Arduino Nano can accept 12V on pin 30, but I think the voltage output on any of the "D" or "A" pins is always 5v (correct??).



Question


If the voltage output of the Arduino pins is 5v, then how can I drive the 12v LEDs using the Arduino, or is it impossible?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...