Wednesday 16 September 2015

ac - Can you put a 120vac positive line into a breadboard?


Is there anything I need to know about putting a 120vac positive line in my breadboard? (Like, for example, if it's a bad idea to do that to begin with.) It will just be a christmas lights strand at less than a quarter amp. I will only be putting the positive line into a DIP relay. I've only heard a few instances where people have done this and my only electrical experience deals with 5vdc so i've never been shocked. I know that I will not be touching this while it is actually plugged in as well.


I also will have 5vdc control wires on the other side of the breadboard. Should I throw in some diodes to protect my Arduino, or should the relay keep the power isolated pretty well?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...