Friday 3 July 2015

switches - Soft latching push button circuit using 2 buttons


I'm building a control circuit for switching the VFD on my lathe. The latching push button circuit needs to use two momentary push buttons one for on one for off. I got a circuit working with a double throw relay however the VFD switch circuit couldn't supply sufficient current to hold it on.


My hope is to use transistors as they should draw less current when operating.


Dave Jones on the EEVblog did a video on a soft latching push button circuit however his final design uses just one button. He briefly goes over a circuit using two buttons however i can't get this to work. He hasn't out any resistor values on it and I don't understand the circuit well enough to work it out.


to summarise: What are the resistor values for this circuit to get it working.


If somebody could help that'd be fantastic.


link to circuit in the video: https://youtu.be/Foc9R0dC2iI?t=172


Circuit image




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...