Friday 24 July 2015

Using the core of a toroidal inductor as the core for a toroidal transformer?


As the title says, I have quite a few toroidal cores that I have gathered over time, and would like to reuse them, do they also work as transformer cores?



Answer



Toroidal cores are the best in term of power transfer because no flux is lost with its shape. Depending on the size, Toroidal cores can be used for different application. transformer is one of them. The voltage depends on the turns ratios. You obviously can add many turns to it if it's small size.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...