Saturday 18 July 2015

proximity sensor - How many active Bluetooth devices can I reliably detect in a single space?


I am engineering a low-cost attraction and hope to use Bluetooth device identification for proximity detection -- i.e. is guest A within range of static location X. Each guest will be given a customized mobile device (either iPod or Android based).


What is a realistic upper bound on Bluetooth device "density" before enumeration of all nearby devices becomes unreliable? For instance is having 25 active devices in a vicinity of a stationary Bluetooth-enabled PC too many in one place to detect reliably and entirely (all devices)? Is this too much congestion?


(To be clear: I do not need to establish connections. I only need to reliably detect the presence or absence of devices by name.)





No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...