Thursday 23 July 2015

atmega - How can I tell that USBasp is working?


I have the USBasp programer and I'm trying to burn bootloader on Atmega328 so that it can be used as a replacement chip in Arduino board (replacement chips with the bootloader installed are quite expensive).


I have installed the USBasp drivers - the installation is quite straightforward thanks to the guide. The device was recognized and is working properly - according to windows.


I have then connected the pins according to the datasheet. After that, I started Arduino IDE and I selected USBasp as a programer:
arduino ide - tools


I have noticed that whenever I hover over Tools the arduino IDE lags for a while. But that might simple be an unrelated software bug.



After I selected the correct programmer I have clicked Burn bootloader and I got this error:


avrdude: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update.
avrdude: error: programm enable: target doesn't answer. 1
avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
this check.

I have already been trying to program this chip using Raspberry PI - and I've failed as well. And I still can't find out where the error is. Except the possibility that I bought 2 void chips.


My question is how can I test all fragments of my system and check which one is broken. AvrDude's errors are useless.


Here's an image of my connections when trying the same (and with the same result) with AtTiny:



enter image description here




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...