Wednesday 24 June 2015

development tools - Utility of Field Programmable Analog Arrays


The only FPAA-related question I can find is THIS, but it doesn't really introduce me to the area.


The concept seems like a nifty thing to have as part of an analog toolkit. I can't necessarily see implementation in deployable devices in any of my work, but I can see the possibility of some sort of quick and dirty prototyping environment, perhaps replacing bins of op amps and passives, making the electronics bench a bit more portable. I'm wondering if this is worth pulling the trigger on this summer.


In terms of a question, do those in the know believe that such a tool can serve as sort of a very portable analog electronics bench for the right sort of prototyping jobs.


Also, I can't really tell if the FPAA has any holding power. The main player I see is Anadigm. Are there any others? Is one maker enough to depend on? If this is as convenient an idea as it seems to be, why hasn't it become popular?


Lastly, can anyone recommend, from personal experience, a good toolchain/devkit?





No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...