Tuesday 12 May 2015

power supply - Confused on how to wire a Laptop Heatsink/Fan


thank you so much for taking some time out of your day to answer my question.


I have bought this Laptop HeatSink/Fan combination and it comes with a molex connector at the end of the wire to attach to a male molex connector. enter image description here


As you can see on the bottom left corner, the Molex connector is present; however my project involves hooking the fan up to a USB to power the device. What went wrong the first time I did this is that when stripping and soldering the wires, they were so fragile and small that they broke easily.


So, I was wondering is there a way that I can connect this molex connector to a male molex (more secure than soldering thin wires) and somehow get power to the fan still?


I can't seem to find a molex connector and wire the same size as the one in the picture, and neither can I find some way to connect the wire to a place in which I can power the fan from a USB cable.


As a side note I only need power, no speed or power adjustments as I want the item to run at maximum speed always. Thank you.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...