Thursday 21 May 2015

esp8266 - ESP-01 module drawing 3mA on Deep Sleep


I'm trying to use the Deep Sleep feature of the ESP8266 with an inexpensive ESP-01 module. These need to be modified to bridge GPIO16 to RST, in order to wake up from deep sleep. Also, I have removed the power LED.


I'm using the Arduino implementation. The device enters deep sleep for the specified amount, and wakes up. The problem is: most specs state in this mode, current draw should be in the "sub-100uA" range. I'm seeing about 3mA.


I have lifted all pins, even the FLASH chip VDD, but I simply can't seem to reduce the current draw. I have measured with two different instruments and the current reads the same, about 3mA.


There is no regulator in the circuit as it's all running from a lab supply for now.





No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...