Sunday 24 May 2015

comparator - Battery charging and discharging problem


I have designed a battery charging and discharging circuit. The main purpose of this circuit is to charge the battery and then discharge, one operation at a time. I have also added a hysteresis of 3.4V and 4V.


Battery voltage is compared with the set hysteresis voltage and when the battery voltage reaches 4V, the charging is then stopped and then the battery is discharged to load; this is controlled by MOSFEST as a switch. When the battery voltage reaches 3.4V the switch is then turned off and then charge the battery.


It works in the simulation and it also works when I use power supply as a battery. The problem is when I connect the real battery the following things happens,




  1. When the battery is charging and its voltage is around 3.97 the discharging takes place. At this point it is charging as well as discharging, why doesn't it reach it 4V?




  2. Then I checked the output of the comparator which controls the switch, then I noticed that the output of the comparator is going crazy on and off (5V and 0V).





Why is the hysteresis not working and is there any way I can solve this?


this is my schematic enter image description here


this is the new schematic, easier to understand :) enter image description here




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...