Friday 15 May 2015

digital logic - Binary number 11 represents?



I was going through some of the questions in my textbook and I got stucked up here. Kindly help me with this


The Binary number 11 represents __


   1) -3 in sign magnitude and -1 in 2's complement
2) 7 in sign magnitude and -1 in 2's complement
3) -3 in sign magnitude and -3 in 2's complement
4) 7 in sign magnitude and -3 in 2's complement

The answer was 'c'. But I am unable to figure out the reason why and I cant even trust it because I am unable to judge the answer. Please help me with these. Thanks




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...