Tuesday 3 March 2015

LED for High frequency/blinking application


Which parameter in the datasheet of the LED defines the turn on time and turn off time?
What kind of LEDs are used for high speed switching applications? Thank you



Answer




Which parameter in the datasheet of the LED defines the turn on time and turn off time?



Normally that will be rise time or fall time. If not listed, presume the LED to be poor at data transmission.




What kind of LEDs are used for high speed switching applications?



I use laser LEDs to transmit data at high speed but my version of high speed is only about 600 Mbps whereas a lot of laser LEDs can go well into the Gbps. The best standard LED I reviewed was good for about 100 Mbps. It was an Osram SFH4750 (infra red).


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...