Saturday 7 March 2015

Determine 4p4c wiring


I tried to make this as thorough as possible. I have a 4p4c socket + cable here. As there is no manual for german wiring I had to measure each wire against each other wire while hearing the "ready to dial" tone to find it out, but I am still clueless.


This is what I got




  • 12--0.4V-DC

  • 13--4.2V-DC

  • 14--0.2V-DC

  • 21-0.37V-DC

  • 23-0V-AC

  • 24-0.1V-DC

  • 31-0.4V-DC

  • 32-0.001V-DC

  • 34-0.2V-DC


  • 41-0.2V-DC

  • 42-0V-DC

  • 43--0.2V-DC


Explaination:



  • 1 means white

  • 2 green

  • 3 yellow

  • 4 brown


  • First number is one of the colors I put the mass of my oscilloscope to.

  • Second number is the color/wire I put the signal of my oscilloscope to.

  • one "-" is meant for separation

  • Then the value follows

  • Then the unit follows

  • one "-" is meant for separation

  • then there is the type of voltage/current measured


So for instance


43--192mV-DC


means

GND to brown, signal to yellow, result: -192mV, type of voltage/current measured: DC

or


42-5.7mv-AC

means


GND to brown, signal to green, result: 5.7mV, type of voltage/current measured: AC

Please tell me, which cable go to speaker and which to microphone. Also, do I need additional circuitry? In the english wikipedia there is a 500 ohms resistor. Do I need this, what is it for and where to put it?



Answer



UPDATE:


On rereading it's not obvious where you are connecting this or what it is you are connecting.


If this is a headset cord (as it seems to be) then what I said about voltages is wrong.


What are you connecting to what?




OLDER:



Nothing makes sense.


If this is to a "central Office" you should have 50V DC somewhere.
If to a PBX possibly 25 VDC or lower.


1,3 = 4.2V and 3,1 = 395 mV suggests that you are grounding the signal with your scope ground in the second case. You need a differential probe or isolated scope or measurements relative to ground.


Connecting ground to one wire will unbalance a feed circuit and allow induced noise from all over. Balanced load or feed must be used.


Use a magnetic earpiece of around 1000 Ohms or a high impedance one with a say 470 Ohm resistor across it. Connect to 2 wires at a time and listen for dial tone. Go from there.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...