Monday 23 March 2015

dac - Smoothing a High Current PWM


I am using a MOSFET to control the average voltage to a device by varying the duty cycle to the base as shown in the diagram below. My question is what is the best circuit to use in the "filter box" in order to "smooth" the PWM into its analogue equivalent. I have been told i can use a choke for this purpose, however is this the best approach.


Please note I want to smooth the PWM as the load is a peltier device and hence should not be driven by PWM. Further more there will be about 8A of current drawn by the peltier.


enter image description here




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...