Wednesday 5 March 2014

WWVB Antenna Reciever 1st Amplifier stage, no signal


I made a high input impedance JFET CS amp as the 1st amplifier stage for a 60kHz Loopstick Antenna. I am using an RF JFET (J211) and ceramic capacitors.


enter image description here


The only signal I see is a 60Hz sine wave that is present even when the amplifier is turned off.


I am unsure what to do at this point. I dont know if a I need a larger Antenna or if I am doing something wrong in trying to detect this signal. WWVB is particularly weak where I'm at as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...