Monday 17 March 2014

raspberry pi - Smart Phone's camera socket


I just want ask how the socket in the image is called?


I couldn't really find and the closer I could get is only Raspberry's module.


enter image description here




Answer



This closely resembles a SlimStack Mezzanine connector from Molex:


enter image description here


Such connectors are often used to connect two PCBs, or a PCB and a flex support. I have seen them in virtually all mobile phones, cameras and even in some MP3 players I have taken apart. They are commonly used to connect IO peripherals like cameras, LCD displays or keyboards. I know about a project where CPU+RAM module is connected in this way to make it upgradable.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...