Sunday 9 March 2014

switches - How can I turn off a 3.3V circuit with a 3.3V microcontroller


I'm working with ATTiny85 that has low current (40 mA) GPIO. In the other side I have a power supply (battery with ~5V) connected to a LM317 and an ESP8266 that demands high current (more than the ATTiny85 can give, around 170 mA) and uses 3.3V.


I need to switch the ESP8266 (on/off). I tried some Darlington transistors, MOSFET and optocoupler but nothing works. All the examples that I see in the web is to switch from a 3.3V signal to a 5V (or more) circuit. In my case I want to switch from a 3.3V signal (ATTiny85 low current) to a 3.3V circuit (ESP8266 high current). Is this possible? And is so, how can I do this?


(I have a little background in electronic but I'm from computer science, so please try to be soft with your answers, thank you)




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...