Monday 31 March 2014

switches - Remove pin to close switch



I'm looking for a small fairly rugged normally open switch that closes when a "pin" is removed. It needs to take about 12V It needs to be passive and not require power. Is there such a component?


Basically, I want to be able to pull out a pin or a small plug to turn a device on.


I can think of a mechanical solution, a plastic pin that blocks the current flow, once removed the contacts would press together. But, for my application (a drone) I don't think I can build something rugged enough.


So is there a type of store-bought component that will do this?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...