Thursday 20 March 2014

dc dc converter - Designing isolated flyback with multiple outputs


UPDATE: as suggested, I split this question into separate parts (links below). I left the last one here. It is so silly I am rather proud of it ;)


UPDATE 2: it seems that breaking one post into multiple questions only annoyed people, which wasn't my intention. Please, accept my apologies for the spam.


Over past few weeks I've been reading LT datasheets and application notes and everything I googled on the web. While I think I am getting the basics right, some rather unexpected questions popped up and I could not find definite answer to them. I'd appreciate any help or even a point to the reading material I could use, something like "flyback for dummies" would be the best :)


Switch voltage drop


Isolated secondary coils


Calculating minimum primary turns - Answered


Wire selection - Answered


DZ snubber - Answered


Final question, if the load draws pulsed power and output caps are sufficiently big can I use average load current for the purpose of DC-DC calculations?

For example if output is modulated at 50% duty, can I use 1/2 of its current as secondary coil current?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...