Thursday 6 February 2014

LCD Module Datasheet Or Other Info


So I came across this LCD module the other day. The only obvious writing on it is SOLOMON. After typing in every number I could find on it I finally came across this mention online: http://nutsvolts.texterity.com/nutsvolts/200503/?pg=35#pg35 See the lower left on page 35, its the 16x4 LCD.


So apparently it is a Solomon Goldentek #LM1112SYL, but a google search for that turns up almost nothing. Trying to find the product on the goldentek website is a no go either. Anyone know where I can find a datasheet or anything that would tell me how to interface with this guy?


I can't even tell where the power is supposed to be connected... enter image description here



Answer



It's likely to be the GC1604N0, which is the only textual 16x4 display now available by Goldentek.


Note that the part number you found seems not to be consistent with the usual coding of the manufacturer, as they use GC* instead of LM*.



Here there is their coding standard, which seems not including the 'LM*' code.


For understanding the interface you can try to use the block scheme, in which the pins should be displayed in the right order. The problem is that the board has 16 pins while the scheme shows only 14 lines: trying to find where is the supply turning the backlight on may be a way to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...