Saturday 15 February 2014

audio - Is this circuit for Piezo Transducer sufficient?



I want to drive this Piezo Transducer (https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/670/cpt-9019s-smt-1310960.pdf) directly from a pin on my STM32F0 microcontroller. I don't want to use a BJT transistor because the max current consumption of the transducer is so low (5mA). Right now I have the following schematic.


schematic


simulate this circuit – Schematic created using CircuitLab


The pin on the STM32F0 can source a max of 3.3V (peak-to-peak). Since the max current consumption of the transducer is 5mA, I want to limit the current going into it to 2.5mA to be on the safe side. Using Ohm's Law, I get a resistance value of R = \$\frac{V}{I}\$ = \$\frac{3.3V}{0.0025A}\$ = 1320\$\Omega\$


Is this circuit correct or am I missing something fundamentally?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...