Sunday 16 February 2014

capacitor - RL-C Circuit Problem


I am trying to get some practice on the basics, but i am having some issues with the following question:


Inductor, Resistor Series/Capacitor Parallel



  1. Find Currents I(1) and I(2) and show them on a phasor diagram.

  2. Find the total current, I(total).

  3. Find the Voltage across each component.

  4. Calculate the total circuit impedance, Z(total).



Capacitor, Resistor Series/Inductor Parallel



  1. Find the total current I(total).

  2. Find the voltage across each component.

  3. Calculate the total circuit impedance Z(total).


For #1, I have worked out the answer for I(1) to be 3.88 A and I(2) to be 2.26 A. Does this seem correct?


For #2, I have worked out an answer of 2.59 A for I(total). But, this cannot be correct, right?


I have looked online for guidance and it seems it may be useful to use complex numbers for working it out, but I do not know where this would fit in, or even if this is required to answer it.


Any help or point in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks





No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...