Monday 10 February 2014

wireless - How to include Rayleigh fading into path loss model?


I am doing a student project to localize the physical position of a network's nodes in outdoor environments. It will be done by RSSI values.


Background: To do this I need to get a good model of how the signal strength propagates/attenuates in the environment of choice. I have studied some theories and the most used (as I understand) is the log distance model: PL(d) = 10n*log(d/d0) + PL(d0), where d is the distance, d0 the reference distance and n is the environment path loss coefficient.


This can be expanded to take shadowing into account with a stochastic variable X ∈ N(0,σ) PL = PL(d) = 10n*log(d/d0) + PL(d0) + X


Question: I have read a lot about Rayleigh distributions but I do not see how this shall be implemented in this equation. Can someone help me to understand how it can be included?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...