Friday 7 February 2014

gsm - How to properly power sim800l module?


I have this sim800L module enter image description here


It has a 3.7v - 4.2v voltage requirement. So I created a simple buck regulator using MIC4576 regulator according to it's schematics and adjusted it's output to 4.2 volts. It can provide 3A of current. And i powered it through my laptop charger, so there's no shortage of current in the circuit.


But the module(sim800l) resets as soon as it finds a network(it's my guess). If I run it without sim, it runs fine and doesn't reset.



I've also tried 2 18650s in parallel to be able to provide atleast 3A to the circuit. But it still resets after a few seconds.


Is there anything obvious I'm missing?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...