Friday 13 February 2015

sensor - Does it exist: 360 degree ultrasonic receiver/beacon combo


Note: I posted this over on Robotics but the more I think about it, the more I realize this would be better asked here.



Basically, I want to detect an ultrasonic beacon in a radius around the robot. The beacon would have a separate ultrasonic emitter while the robot would have the spinning receiver.


Are there any existing ultrasonic sensors that would meet this use case or am I stuck hacking one together myself? I have tried searching Google, but I assume the keywords I am using aren't the industry standard ones.


Is ultrasonic even the best choice? I was hoping that the beacon would be kept in a pocket, so I figured optical sensors were out. However, the beacon could be attached outside of clothing.


Edit: I should add that both the beacon and the robot will be mobile, so stationary base station solutions are not what I am looking for.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...