Friday 27 February 2015

microcontroller - AC current measurement using shunt resistor


I need to measure AC RMS current using shunt resistor. AC current range is 0-8A RMS. Shunt resistor chosen is 100 mohm. which gives me max 8*1.414*10=1.13 Volt that i will use to feed an opamp to further amplify it to around max 3V with proper gain setting. and that will go to my micro controller ADC ( 0 to 3V only). Since in my circuit only positive supply is there so I used single supply op amp, (Negative half cycle will be chopped by opamp, i think). below is the ruff circuit.


which circuit out of below two looks ok to start.


enter image description here




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...