Monday 9 February 2015

atmega - Increase memory of an ATmega32


I bought an ATmega32 IC recently, but now I found out the program I wrote in Atmel Studio reports an error due to an overflow of memory. It is 134.1% over the recommended memory of this chip. Are there alternatives that exist?


I don't want to go and buy another chip as they are quite expensive.




Answer



Atmega32 is like a stripped down Atmega644x or Atmega1284P. Change the chip to get a lot more memory, more SRAM (up to 16K bytes), and dual hardware serial ports.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...