Thursday 26 February 2015

bjt - Power amplifier input source current path


Can anyone draw (or write in text) the small-signal path from signal source XFG1 at input of Q1 base to amplifier load for positive and negative input signal swing?


enter image description here



enter image description here



Answer



I will try to show you two extreme cases (when clipping).


For the Positive half of a sinusoidal swing:


enter image description here


And for Negative half of a sinusoidal swing:


enter image description here


This two cases should help you understand what is going on in the amplifier.


Because in the normal operation we have "slightly" similar situation.


For example:



For the Positive half, \$Q_1\$ reduce his \$I_{C1}\$ current (just a bit), hence \$Q_2\$ must increase his \$I_{C2}\$ current.


But this reduction in \$Q_1\$ current decreases the \$Q_5\$ base current also.


And all this means that the \$I_{C5}\$ collector current is decreasing also.


Hence, the voltage at \$Q_{12}\$ collector increases. The larger part of a \$Q_{12}\$ collector current (\$I_{C12}\$)can now flow into the \$Q_7\$ base. So, \$Q_7\$ and \$Q_9\$ conduct more current. And the load current increases.


I hope this helps you. Because my English vocabulary is limited.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...