Saturday 28 February 2015

prototyping - How to fix a 'PCB' without mounting holes inside a case (or on a PCB)?


I want to use several of the 'filled PCBs' below, or other ones, but the question does not change. enter image description here



How can I fix such thing in a case, or on a proto/veroboard PCB (like the picture below)?


Protoboard


I thought about:



  • Glueing: but since the case (including the components) will be moved a lot, it doesn't seem a good way.

  • Using tie wraps, in this case it might work because it can be put around the yellow component, but what if I want to use another component that does not have a nice yellow box?

  • Using one of the above methods with spacers to prevent contacts with the protoboard.


I don't need a professional solution, but I want a solution that doesn't break or getting loose after being 100 times moved neither.


Update



I asked a similar earlier question. However, this was about a temporary solution, in which I expected components need to be changed/added. However, in this case it's about a fixed/known setup. So I hope that a more professional (or at least 'better') solutions exist.



Answer



Use a box with card guides, (ie grooves in the walls) and fit a PCB card guide


Now the board / boards are horizontal and closing the lid locks everything in place.


Search for "P.C. Board Card Adaptors" or "Allows mounting of PC boards horzontally within the enclosure."


Hammond 1591Z6 (others manufacturers make similar products)


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...