Monday 7 August 2017

rf - 100W Low Pass Filter


Currently I have a 60W amplifier for the 400-500MHZ band with a 50Ω impedance. In order to prevent jamming other frequencies I will need a low pass filter to block any frequencies above 500MHZ. I just made a full Internet search and haven't found any low pass filter capable of supporting 60W preferably 100W.


Since I'm new to electronics and have no experience in building Low Pass Filters or have an oscilloscope to fine tune. For the 60W amplifier I was thinking in buying separately 12 identically low pass filters (8 watts max each) and then put them in parallel so that each one shares only a load of 6W and all the system a total load of 60W and a theroretical max load of 96W (8w*12units). In case I would need more power it would be just a question of adding more low pass filters in parallel. Feasible?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...