Friday 25 August 2017

dc motor - Is this a viable mini wind turbine setup?


I'm going to build my first wind turbine. I have already constructed the prop, 5 blades 50cm long from PVC pipes. I've searched for a decent sized motor and charge controller. The turbine will be located in the city, so winds will hardly ever go above 10-12 m/s. The battery i'm planning on having permanently connected is a 12v lead-acid 6-7Ah


How is this for a setup?


Charge controller: http://www.ebay.com/itm/5A-CC-CV-Buck-LED-Drive-USB-Lithium-Charger-Power-Current-Voltage-Display-Module-/400976105382?hash=item5d5c09cfa6:g:vf8AAOSwjVVVyrFl


Motor:http://www.ebay.com/itm/161763982868


I also have a boost/buck converter lying around (No current regulation) , would it be a good idea to connect that first, in order to boost the voltage and get less power loss through the wire and then connecting to the buck converter (with CC) as listed above.


Note: The buck converter has a really low minimum input voltage of 2.8v (max 32v input) so using this as a first step would make sure that the battery is charging at 13-14v even though the voltage from the motor is between 2.8v and 14v.


If anything is unclear please ask me. Thanks!





No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...