Tuesday 4 October 2016

led - Is it practical to build a wearable project that draws 9A @ 12V?


When plugged into wall warts, the flexible LED strips I want to make into a wearable display draw 3A @ 12V per 5m.


To do a 30 x 15 pixel display that's 15m, or, 9A @ 12V running around my body. Is this prima-facie unsafe? If it's not, am I going to need to carry the batteries around on a trolley?


I believe the LEDs will light at 9V and just not be as bright (which may be what I want, anyhow) and I'll be running PWM'd patterns so it won't be a 100% duty cycle but I'd at least like to establish a lower bound.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...