Friday 21 October 2016

diodes - How to improve my curve fitting for an LED in spice


I have an LED that I'm working with, actually it's not a discrete part but on silicon. Anyway all I have is a curve for it and I was trying to work up a spice model in LT-spice. I followed this question and tried two methods from there with Martyn's python method giving me the best results.


For LT spice I took the three parameters he puts out and made a model statement: .model led D ****DC Model Parameter*** +is=1.87E-17 n=9.275 +rs=5500


Which gives me a curve that is close to my original data points at low voltages but diverges at higher voltages like so: enter image description here


Orange is the measured data and blue is the model.


I've tried adjusting the parameters manually for a few hours but I can't seem to get something that matches the higher end. I feel like either I'm missing something or maybe I need to add another element other than just a diode? I seem to remember opening some professional models and seeing a few components inside.


How can I make my model match my actual datapoints better?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...