Wednesday 26 October 2016

power - Step up DC/DC 5V -> 6V


I have a circuit that runs 5V. I need to integrate a CO2 sensor that requires 6V. What would be the simplest, most cost effective way to do this? I need about 200ma for the sensor




Answer



boardbite's TPS61040 is just one of many step-up converters which will do the job. But it costs 1.88 dollar in 1s at Digikey, while the cheapest I found is only 70 cent. That's the Semtech SC4503.


enter image description here


This is the typical application schematic from the datasheet. Again, this will be similar for many other step-up switchers. The SC4503's reference voltage is typically 1.25 V, so for 6 V out you have to set R1 to 190 kΩ. At 12 V out and 200 mA the SC4503 will have a 90 % efficiency, for 6 V you can expect a slightly higher value. It can supply more than 1 A of output current, so you'll have lots of headroom. Comes in a SOT23-5 package, and the 1.3 MHz switching frequency means you only need a small inductor.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...