Thursday 4 December 2014

oscilloscope - Why doesn’t the focusing anode diverge the electron beam again?


Consider this diagram of a focusing anode in a CRT: enter image description here


Question: Why does the electron beam not diverge again when it enters the focusing anode (or accelerating anode) while leaving the pre-accelerating anode (or focussing anode)?


I think the answer is that it does diverge but less than it converges at both entrances. And since it converges first, the resultant is relatively convergent. The following is how I show it, is the diagram below correct?


enter image description here




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...