Friday 19 December 2014

Meaning of hash symbol in pin name



I'm reading the datasheet of a PSRAM (available here). In the top-right hand corner all the pins are listed. Some of the pin names end with a hash, e.g. LB#, OE#.


What does the # notation mean for pins?



Answer



I suppose it means active-low logic, usually indicated by an overscore. Signals like WE#, CE#, LB# and UB# are typically active-low. In datasheets you'll see them as \$\overline{\mathrm{WE}}\$, \$\overline{\mathrm{CE}}\$, \$\overline{\mathrm{LB}}\$ and \$\overline{\mathrm{UB}}\$.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...