Monday 29 December 2014

Building a waterproof and cheap proximity detector


I'm new to electronics, so I would like to directions for building an effective proximity sensor.


Requirements:



  1. Must detect objects within 10-50cm.

  2. Waterproof.


  3. It may be exposed to sunlight.

  4. Distance detection a plus.

  5. Cheap. Really cheap.


Basically I'll put it on the ground, that's why it must be waterproof (rain) and may be exposed to sunlight. The object I'm trying to detect is metallic.


Are there other solutions than using IR/Ultrasonic sensors?


Thoughts?


Thanks




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...