Saturday 3 February 2018

arduino - How to power my datalogger?


I am building GPS datalogger. It will consist of Arduino Pro Mini 3.3V, GPS module - GY-GPS6MV2 (GPS Ublox NEO-6M) (bypassing 3.3V regulator) or Skylab SKM53 (MT3329). Data will be written to SPI Flash W25Q64FVSIG and later read via USB with FT232RL FTDI 3.3V.


I am looking for a power supply solution having following criteria:



  • powering with multiple standard rechargable NiMH 1.2V AA batteries

  • effective power supply capable of higher current (my guess is 150mA but I am not 100% sure about this)


  • automatic circuit cutoff on voltage drop below minimum recommended for the circuit and also for NiMH batteries to not to overdischarge and damage them

  • notification of low battery power (eg. by bliking LED) before cutoff


So far I was trying to use DC-DC step-up voltage convertor with together 4 batteries - two pairs of serially connected baterries finally connected in parallel so they can provide doulbe current, but the circuit seems to require more current. Maybe I should probably consider rather some more powerful DC-DC step-down voltage convertor.


I've asked about automatic circuit cutoff and notification of low battery power already but I would appreciate to have a complete solution combined with all four requirements.


I will appreciate a solution to this complex yet common problem.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...