Friday 16 February 2018

arduino - Interfacing 16 antennas to a mux to read an RFID TAG


Does a mux IC (16x1) affect the impedance of an antenna ? I was thinking of interfacing 16 antennas to a mux and read just one of them through the S6350 reader. My first solution was to use a MUX (16X1), but my professor said that wont work becuase there is high chances that the impedance missmatch thus making the antenna useless. The antenna RFID reader and the tag operates at 13.56 Mhz. My question to you is how I can make 16 inputs to one output( attached to the reader)? Is the things he is saying true ? I have seen other projects using muxes with antennas but he was saying it was a lot of active componenets inside a mux that can change the impedance thus make the antenna useless.





No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...